Friday, October 06, 2006

An Infinite Russian Matryoshka?

The title for this post was inspired by a sentence from an article by Bert Schroer that was discussed at the following interesting blog:

Schroer's Samisdat

The actual article is at:

String theory and the crisis in particle physics (a Samisdat on particle physics).

The sentence I found interesting is:

"... an exist-ing well-working theory will always be asymptotically (not necessarily in terms of distance) included in a future one, so that material reality will reveal itself like putting together a (possibly infinite) Russian matryoshka."

I have to admit that my knowledge of theoretical physics is limited and that I am unable to understand most of the paper. Still, I wanted to mention it, since the infinite matryoshka metaphor reminds me of the "turtles all the way down" line on which the name of this blog is partially based.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home